When you’re buying home closing costs are not usually the first thing you think about. However, closing costs fees could add up to thousands of dollars.
You may not be able to eliminate these fees entirely but there are options for finding the money you may need.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Increase your savings. Save, Save, Save. Be a person who plans ahead for projected costs. You can avoid added interest payments that go along with a larger loan by saving more upfront.
- Negotiate closing costs with the seller. Offer the seller a little more than the agreed-upon sales price and use these extra funds to offset closing costs. The seller can help you save even more money if you use the current title to perform the title search. This will be less work and lower attorneys fees keeping a little more in your pocket.
- Increase your home loan amount to pay for closing costs. Add your closing cost to your home loan. Just make sure these added costs will fit your budget.
- Close at the end of the month.
- Look for special programs. First-time buyers may be eligible for certain programs and qualify for forgivable second mortgages.
These are just a few options to help cover the closing costs when buying a home.