No homeowner wants to wake up to the sound and smell of a house fire. But if such a horrible situation did find itself happening to you, would you know what to do? How would you keep your family safe? Avoiding such a tragedy should be at the top of the list for all homeowners. It’s a good time to review safety tips that can protect you, your family, and your home.
- Be sure to install smoke detectors. Smoke detectors have saved lives because they give you an early warning to get you and your family out. It’s a smart idea to have working detectors and start at every level of the house.
- Fire extinguishers should also be on every level in the house. Homeowners need to be familiar with how to use the fire extinguisher. Be sure to review the directions and even reach out to the local fire department and see if they will train you on how to use it.
- Don’t underestimate how important is to have fire ladders on every level in the house. Show everyone in the house how to set them up and use them as soon as possible.
- It’s also important to plan an escape if I fire breaks out. Most fires occur when your family is sleeping so everyone needs to know what to do before the emergency.
- Next, you want to practice having a fire drill so everyone knows exactly what to do practice the fire trails often until everyone it’s comfortable with the drill
If you haven’t taken advantage of these tips please utilize them today and prepare for the unexpected.